Friday, August 05, 2005

Hot, Hot Bear Action

Excellent week spent with New Homeowner. As predicted, we spent it boozing it up and staying up way past our bedtime, though, quite thankfully, no stomach pumping was involved.

On Sunday, we decided to go out for Thai and then hit the Martini Bar (not literally, mind you - although, if drunk enough, anything is possible). We decided that beer would be the perfect compliment to our Thai dinner and we were right. 300 degree weather calls for beer. In fact, it doesn't just call, it screams.
Afterwards, we headed straight to G's Martini, even though it was still daylight out. Don't hate, we're truly not alcoholics. As it turns out, and it would because this city it out to get me, G's was closed Sunday and Monday for the long weekend. In what city, in what country, on what planet does a bar close for a long weekend? Bars were made for long weekends, people! Made-for-them! I hate you Winnipeg! Hate, hate, hate!

So we were forced to go across the street for some margaritas on the patio. What a tragedy.
On the way home, we ran into some nature of the not-mosquito variety.
I also managed to accidentally kick one of the frogs as it was in mid-jump. Slimy. We made sure it was okay before we scurried away to make sure no more nature could reach out and touch us.

One Monday we stayed home and got rip-roaring drunk. We tried to play Simpson's Clue, but we were too stupid to actually try and figure out who done it. I ended up asking citrusboy the same question three times because my marking scheme went awry in my happy hootch haze.

Then we tried playing Mario Party 4, 5, and 6. That went slightly better as no real skill is actually required.

Then we played Trivial Pursuit 6. For some reason, the drunker we got, the smarter we got. That was the quickest game of TP I've ever played.

Then it was time to play Simpson's Game of Life. For the first time ever I decided to chose the Get A Job route instead of the Get An Education route and for the first time ever I won the game. What does that mean? Is there a sign there somewhere? Or was I just drunk-lucky?

For dinner New Homeowner made the best cheese pasta dish ever and we watched Dazed and Confused on DVD.

The only evidence that remains from this day is this:
Game of Life tiles drowning in my Pina Colada. Don't ask me how it happened.

You all know what happened on Tuesday afternoon so I'll just move on the evening portion of our day. Winnipeg is hosting Bears on Broadway (Bears on Broadway St. I kid you not) which are sort of like the Moose In Toronto, but I think there's an actual fund-raising point to the Bears, so we went to take a look-see.
Our favourite bear was Don Bearry, mainly for the clever naming and Cherry likeness.

Also Hot Hot Bear was pretty awesome too.
Then, from afar, we spotted a haven for the over-heated. A water fountain, aka Winnipeg's Ghetto Pool.
We decided to act like all the other ninnys in the fountain and got ourselves nicely spritzed.
That's when I noticed the sign that said:
But as I actually saw parents bring their children with bathing-suits on, I was beyond caring.

That done, we hiked back to the Sushi/Martini bar and had us a good old time. Nothing goes better together than some sushi and a martini. Really. Try it and you'll never go back.
The infamous Extra-Dirty Gin Martini also made an appearance.
As did the Extra-Yummy Firefly Roll.
I had an awesome time and I hope New Homeowner did too! Even though the mosquitos almost ate her alive. Even though everything I told her about Winnipeg was true. Even though she though I was lying the whole time. Even though. Cheers till next time!

2 comments:

Just Say No said...

Sounds like you guys had a blast. But a couple comments:

1. Winnipeg and sushi? Who'd have thunk it?

2. Milky martini and sushi. Ew.

:)

Winnipeg Damsel said...

Come on man, don't knock it till you've tried it :)