Thursday, August 18, 2005

Stupid University Board People and Their Stupid University Board Decisions

Ever had one of those moments when all you can think is: What the fuck? Like seriously, what-the-fuck? I had just such a moment yesterday afternoon.

Citrusboy comes home and hands me the mail. There's a letter from the University, Faculty of Science, in the pile. What now, I think. I imagine all the gruesome things it might contain. We've decided you're an idiot and are expelling you. We've decided you can't take this or that course. We've decided you have to take the last year over again. We've decided we're going to murder you in your sleep because we just don't like you.

After I give myself a mini stroke, I open the envelope and quickly scan the letter. Turns out I've made the Dean's Honour List, where, I quote, the dean states "Your highly successful academic performance...offer my own congratulations and those of the Faculty, and to wish you every success in the future".

So let me get this straight, people. I get kick-ass grades and you STILL refuse me admission to a Professional Program? How does this work, Stupid University Board People, because I was under the impression that kick-ass grades was what was needed to enter the Professional Program.

I swear, the Stupid University Board People have a vendetta against me, ever since I challenged some of their more idiotic policies. For a while there, I thought that maybe my grades weren't as awesome as I thought they were, but no, they are. They just hate me.

How do I get a degree from a University where the people who run it act like they don't even have one?

Hopefully next year their loathing will dissipate and they'll admit me. Keep your fingers crossed. And your toes. And your shoelaces. And anything else you can think of.

No comments: