Saturday, August 06, 2005

Winnipeg - You're A Pain In My Back!

So I've had this back pain on the left side of my back, where I've managed to lose sensation in about a third of my left side and I have this achy feeling around the shoulder blade area, for over three years now. A year ago I went to my doctor and, after feeling around for awhile, she told me nothing was wrong. Then she looked at me like I was a hypochondriac bitch who was most definitely wasting her time. Wonderful. Yet I still have pain woman, so SOMETHING has to be wrong. Right? An apathetic back just isn't normal, don't cha think? I guess in her experience a stab-me-with-a-pencil-I-won't-feel-it back is just par for the course as she wouldn't even let me get an x-ray.

Last week I decided I would see a Registered Massage Therapist (RMT). She should be able to figure out what's up with El Back-o. I get there and she also feels up my back and says she notices my muscles reacting in said numb-numb area. Aha, now we're getting somewhere. She does my massage and ends by telling me I have scoliosis. Which would explain quite a bit actually. Apparently the muscles on the left side of my back are straining too much to try and make up for the curve in my back, which causes the pain, and in the process they're crushing a nerve somewhere, which causes the stick-a-pencil-in-me feeling. HA HA you stupid doctor. I'm not a crazy with a I-love-wasting-doctors'-time complex. HA HA HA! Except now I'm officially broken.

Stupid Winnipeg. Giving me scoliosis on top of everything else it has done to me. Bah-humbug!

No comments: