Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Gym Olympics

So I was on the elliptical thingy at the gym yesterday, when a guy came up to me and said "When are you done?". Now, there were, quite literally, a million other elliptical thingys free in the entire gym, including the exact same one right beside me. But we have this stupid rule that states: 30 minute maximum if someone else is waiting EVEN IF another machine is free. So even though I wanted to do another 15 minutes, I had to admit I only had 5 minutes left and give up the machine.

So I got off my machine and moved to the one right beside it to finish my 15 minutes. And the guy had the nerve to start talking to me. My god. You read while you do this? Is it recreational reading or studying? Don't you find it hard? What'cha readin'? I got so annoyed I just gave up and went to shower.

For them to even have such a sign means people must complain. Constantly and all the time. Get a grip, people! Just use another machine! What bloody difference does it make? You can't be THAT in love with one particular machine.

I hate people.

2 comments:

Winnipeg Damsel said...

But it's true. I hate people.

Winnipeg Damsel said...

Ooo, good idea! That'll teach people to talk to me!