Sunday, August 21, 2005

Sugar Was Poured

I went to the Def Leppard concert Friday night at the MTS centre. It was Fuckin' A (that's a direct Joe Elliott quote). I love you, Def Leppard!

Citrusboy was kind enough to get me tickets for my birthday and suffered through it like a man.

The Tea Party opened up for (or as it's called now: supported) Def Leppard and I must say, even though I was kind of upset that I didn't get to see Brian Adams instead, they were really good. Way better than I expected. During the break, after Tea Party's set, I did something quite silly.

I got this T-shirt. 'Cause I'm cool like that, folks, yes indeedy.
I will actually wear this thing out in public. But not to school. Because if I ever hear "Who's that?" I will have to kill myself.

The guy who was selling them was hilarious. He was all "They don't pay me enough to do this or that". So when a couple on the left of me wanted a shirt off the display, guess what answer they got. Or when they complained that it wasn't fair, because someone else got a shirt off the display. And then the guy on the right of me, who had been waiting for a while, had to add "Life's not fair, bitch. Get over it." I thought I was going to laugh right in their face.

One thing I find interesting about concert-goers in Winnipeg is that they are all very well-behaved. No insane rocking-out. No wild dancing in the stands. Some swaying, some singing, but nothing like Toronto, where people go CRAZY. And here they drink a lot of beer. I mean copious amounts of beer. People would even leave in the middle of the concert to get more beer. I guess some people go just for the beer. But I did smell pot, so I guess at least one person was rocking-out, or at least was well on his way.

All in all, I had an awesome time, even though we were one of the youngest people there. I probably can't say the same for citrusboy, but he did say it was worth the ticket price so he had to have some semblance of fun.

Yay, Def Leppard!

4 comments:

_Psycho said...

You sure won't go unnoticed with that t-shirt ;)

I'm curious, was the ticket expensive ?

popfizz said...

i used to love those fuckers back in my highschool days(daze).
i wanted to cut my arm off just to play drums for them.
no.
thats a lie.
i like my arms.
i have the same b-day as joe though. i was at a show of theirs (during 2 armed drummer times) and they sang happy b-day to joe.. it was my b-day too but noone seemed to care about that part.

Winnipeg Damsel said...

Tickets were about $45? I think. Not that cheap, as they were actaully in the largest, brand-new arena in Winnipeg.

Too bad about the b-day thing, popfizz. It was the drummer from Tea Party's b-day. But no Happy Birthday was sung.

_Psycho said...

45$ ? That's quite good for that group. I was expecting more really.

madman: If your like me you, like the body that wear it, dont lie ;)