Thursday, August 04, 2005

The Nostril

On Tuesday New Homeowner and I ambled down to Osborne Village while I was still in a debate with myself as to whether or not I should put another hole in my body. We stopped off for lunch first where I tired to drink myself stupid so The Crypt people wouldn't let me anywhere near a needle, but New caught on to my devious plan. Too bad, it could have ended so well; me with my head in the toilet, but no extra holes that didn't belong in any place that was previously hole-free.

So New drags me into The Crypt anyway, where she proceeds to buy an Emily Strange Tee that I absolutely adore. She saw it first though, so it sucks to be me. Especially if I decide in the affirmative for that new decorative nose hole. She pays for the shirt and is about to walk out, when I, stupidly, dig my own grave. "What about my nose?" I say. "Oh," she says. "I thought you talked yourself out of it." And just when I could have made good on my escape, the owner at the counter notices me waffling, hauls out his appointment book and tells me to come back in half an hour. Now I'm stuck.

We wander around - me in sheer panic, New in shopping mode - until it's time. My piercer, who has reduced me to a body part and calls me The Nostril, looks very scary indeed, but turns out to be the biggest sweetheart alive. He takes the time to explain every little thing to me, lets me check out the spot where he's going to stick a gaping hole in my body, tells me to take a deep breath and then stabs me. No seriously. He takes a needle in his huge paws and stabs my nose. I suppose it hurt, but it was so quick that it didn't even matter. He was awesome. Though it definitely is a peculiar sensation to feel something slide in through the outside of your nose.

And here's the end result:
I love it. Citrusboy loves it and thinks it's sexy. Double-score for me! Anything that makes me sexier is worth a little misguided sheer panic, right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew you could do it! I am so jealous! I wish I had mine! ahaha...good for you!!!

_Psycho said...

I have to admit, its nice. Of course your kinda cute, that's help ;)