Wednesday, May 18, 2005

I Left My Wallet In Winnipeg


Winnipeg strikes again, folks.

My friends, Chris and The Head, came to visit for a week (which is the good part, and not, I stress, the bad part).

  1. The weather, after promising to be sunny and dry, lied to us and became rainy and wet. We were soggy for the most part.
  2. It was so cold, and let's remember it is now May people, that we were forced to wear our down winter coats. IN MAY. I'm fine. I'm not bitter at all. At least it didn't snow 50 cm this time around.
  3. Someone stole Chris's wallet out of her purse. And her cell phone. And $200 cash. And all her credit cards. Except for the Moores' Paint card which, for some inexplicable reason, was taken out of her wallet and placed in one of her purse pockets. Guess someone in Winnipeg has something against Moores Paint. Who'd a thunk it!
  4. Favourite Chinese restaurant: closed on a Tuesday. I have no words. We made The Head drive around the city looking for something to eat. Anything. He found some crappy Chinese from the only place that was open at 9:30 on a Tuesday night. And, let me tell you, it was crappy. I would have fed it to the Cats Without Shame but I was afraid it might kill them.
But it wasn't all bad. No indeed.

We ate.



And ate.



And ate.



Man, that's a lot of sushi!



Oh yeah, did I forget to mention we ate? Chris made a breakfast that even Fatty came out for!



Right. There was drinking too! Chris got me hooked on extra-dirty gin martinis. I crave them. All. The. Time. In my sleep. On the bus. Walking to the post office to pick up my Skipping Girl purse, except the stupid woman behind the counter won't give it to me because the package has citrusboy's name on it, but I digress. Let's just put it this way: if I'm awake, I want one.



And more drinking.



And more drinking.



And folks, you heard it here first: mini coronas are cute!



One cool thing about Winnipeg? There's an Olive Garden!!!



And a good time was had by all. Eventually. After we got over the wallet thing.

Oh, and now my aunt and my mother are talking about visiting. Together. Oy. I guess they figured someone made it out of Winnipeg alive, so they might too.

4 comments:

New Homeowner said...

Details! We need more details!!!!

Winnipeg Damsel said...

It's a comin!!!! Hang on to your pantlets!

New Homeowner said...

Typo: You carve extra dirty gin martinis. Saving you from anonymous posters.

Also, poor chris! I didn't know her wallet was stolen. Maybe that's why you all drank so much?

Winnipeg Damsel said...

Damn! Thanks man!

Well, we started drinking earlier, but hell, any excuse is a good one!