Tuesday, July 26, 2005

To Pierce Or Not To Pierce

I've been flirting with the idea of getting a small stud piercing in my nostril for a while now. Except I'm really really chicken. And possibly too old.

As I'm one of those crazy people who researches everything before buying anything, even if it's just cereal, I found the BME website for body piercing and other such things. Which only proved to further freak me out. Talk of scaring and keloids does not a happy person make. But they did have a section on Winnipeg and the different shops here. Turns out the one I'm thinking of going to, The Crypt (nice reassuring name, at that), seems to have not scared the holy crap out of anyone yet. Or else they're just not talking. But either way, I'm ecstatic in my possible blissful ignorance, for the moment.

Aside, of course, from the all-encompassing fear of having a needle stuck through my nose. It must hurt. I mean, have you ever just pinched your nostril? Hurts like a bitch. Come on, just try it. Your eyes will tear up, I tell you.

Maybe I'll do it when New Homeowner is here for her visit. She can come with me for moral support as I can't seem to talk her into getting one as well. We got our belly buttons pierced several years ago on her birthday, so maybe this will be a nice continuation of our history together.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

just do it and don't be scared!!! it might though fall out like mine!!!! lol see ya jo!

New Homeowner said...

I will definitely come for moral support and badgering you into it (if necessary), but no more piercings for me.

Going Somewhere said...

I would just get it done. Why not? If you hate it you can always take it out later. Not like a tattoo on your nose or something! LOL

_Psycho said...

I don't like percing, and I wouldn't do it for the reason, I have seen some infected percings, some bad one, etc.. Not to mention I really don't find it attractive, this has the reverse effect on me­. (Ok not the earing of course).