Tuesday, July 19, 2005

How Well Do Mosquitos Do On Survivor?

On Saturday night and Sunday morning it poured rain. And poured. And poured some more. So much so that if you went out into the street in certain parts of the city you would be up to your waist in water. If I went out, and thank God I had enough sense not to, the water would be up to my chin ('cause I'm so tall). And it also managed to knock out my internet connection. My brand new, high-speed internet connection. What boon-docks do I live in? Seriously?

One of citrusboy's friends was coming back from a stag that night and accidentally drove through a patch of water so high that it flooded into his car, over the dash and wet everything inside, including the seats. Everything. I say this as we then had to sit in it since he was kind enough to give us a ride to a barbecue. A barbecue that, at that point, was being held in a swamp outside the city. A swamp that had a house floating on an island in the middle. Boon-docks.

And of course I got chomped. (There was no booze to save my hide at this particular outing.) My entire body is swollen with bites as we speak. Or rather, as you read. See, I'm delirious already.
If I don't catch West Nile, I will at least catch Malaria. Guaranteed.

The only thing that remotely works is this stuff:
Problem is I can't find it anywhere. If anyone has any hints on where to get this stuff, please, please, PLEASE, I am begging you with every inch of my pride down the toilet, please tell me where to get it. PLEASE! Don't make me cry tears of shame. Don't let me catch Malaria. Please.

3 comments:

Going Somewhere said...

Sounds a lot like Santo Domingo with those torrential rains that flood everything. And yes, rain does make the mosquito situation so much worse. That and moths.

Winnipeg Damsel said...

Thanks man, but I couldn't find it either :|

Well, I was so wrapped up in Mario Kart that it coulda been hours - who knows - I'm probably anaemic by now.

Anonymous said...

Wus Up Damsel??? Thanks for the kudo's on your blog space...I will give you the same respect! I am going back for a nose ring! Once all healed and all...tell the Sponge I say "HI"

check ya later :P