Monday, July 11, 2005

Eh, What's Up Doc?

Did you know that Bugs Bunny lives in Winnipeg? Did you know that he likes to go to the movies? Did you also know that he gets cranky if there are no outtakes at the end of the movie? Well I do, and now you do too.

Citrusboy and I went to a showing of Robots at the movie theater. When we got there it was already dark, so I missed Bugs on the way in. Well, we laughed our way through the movie and stayed through the end credits hoping for a funny clip at the end, but nothing of the sort happened. Fine. We got up to leave and that's when I spotted him, my childhood hero, Bugs Bunny. He was sitting right in the back, eagerly waiting for the same thing as citrusboy and me. Wow, now we're alike too! Could my life get any better? I'm just like Bugs Bunny! Childhood dream number three accomplished.

Then I watch as he, still sitting, stomps his big floppy bunny feet up and down on the ground several times, then gets up and, not hops, but stamps out of the theater as best as he can on those big floppy bunny feet of his, his big floppy bunny ears narrowly missing the top of the door frame.

Maybe we're not as much alike as I thought? So much for childhood dream number three.

That was one pissed-off Bunny. Bugs Bunny.

Addendum: And to all of you who think this sort of insanity only happens in New York or Toronto, think again. There really was somebody dressed as Bugs Bunny, top to bottom, in the theater with us. Make of that what you will.

2 comments:

New Homeowner said...

You should start carrying your digicam with you everywhere so that you can get pics of stuff like this when it happens.

Winnipeg Damsel said...

I was thinking about that when it happened. Something like: Shitters! Where's my camera when I really, really need it!?!

And naked Bugs with a little bow? OMG, so wrong. And I can't get it out of my head! ARGH!