Wednesday, July 13, 2005

The Mystique of the Sushi

In my ever-growing quest for sushi, citrusboy and I decided to go to Ichiban for half-price sushi Mondays. Half-price sushi, people! Half-price sushi! Please, take a moment and let it sink in. I don't mind waiting.

I've hit a gold mine here, folks. I think I'll just set up a tent in the restaurant and go from there.

I swear they put crack in those rolls. They are so spanking-good and I'm addicted. All I can think about all day is eating sushi. And I never liked sushi rolls until I came to this hell-hole. Here they make some of the niftiest rolls I've ever see. I used to be strictly a sashimi kind of girl, but my, how crack grows on you so quickly. Watch out kids, crack is whack. I'm proof. Once you taste the Unagi, you'll never go back.

So we sat at the sushi bar and watched the chef make our maki rolls and nigiri sushi. I'm not sure I like watching; it seems to take away from the mystique of the sushi. I don't want to know how it's done, I just want to bite into its yummy goodness.

Then somebody decided to enlighten me and told me that the sushi is half-price because it's the old stuff that they're trying to get rid of. Maybe, but I figure if I haven't died by the next day then it's all good.

I plan on trying the All-You-Can-Eat-Sushi-For-$25 next Thursday. If there's no post on Friday, you'll know why: Death By Sushi.

No comments: