Saturday, July 09, 2005

Morning of the Living Kitties

I walk in through the door this morning, and what do I happen to see? Cow Kitty, right by the door, waiting to tattle. Cow Kitty, waiting to tattle? Cow Kitty is usually the one in trouble, so this is a new development.

I skulk quietly down the hall, waiting to catch someone in trouble. I see the office door is more closed than open. Hmm. I peer around the corner and see... a bent window blind. Wonderful. And behind the window blind, bent as it is, is a certain Fatty, sitting pretty on the window sill.

Now, Fatty never goes up there and not, sadly, because she's a good girl but rather because she's too tubby to get up that high. I wonder how she got up there? I have visions of Cow Kitty giving her a paw up.

Fatty spots me and remorsefully jumps down. And grudgingly, I might add.

So Cow Kitty decides it's his turn up on the window sill. Before my blinds sustain further damage, I pull them up. Of course, now Fatty can play with the string. Bat, bat, bat, she goes.

Somehow, really no idea how as there's a screen over our window, Cow Kitty gets the largest fly I've ever seen right in his mouth. So now there's this huge fly hanging out of Cow Kitty's mouth. If I wasn't so afraid he'd swallow it, I'd die laughing.

I try to get it away from him, but he's having none of it. He drops it on the ground and starts pawing at it. I'm not sure if the fly's dead or just shell-shocked - it looks intact to me. I try and try to take it away, but Cow Kitty's a crafty one. He out-maneuvers me every time. So much for humans being smarter. Cats obviously rule.

After about 5 minutes of this craziness, I manage to grab the poor thing and put it outside. I think Cow Kitty actually killed El Humungo Fly since it's not moving. Bad Cow Kitty.

Seriously, morning of the living kitties.

1 comment:

New Homeowner said...

I always let Queen Feline eat any bugs she finds - I figure it's her contribution to the household. You know, other than sleeping all day, leaving cat hair all over the place and playing all night and keeping us up.