Thursday, November 10, 2005

Love Me Some Library

The Millennium Library is finally open. Finally! Open! Let us all rejoice.

Finally, all the books I have been waiting oh so patiently to read will be mine. Bwahahahaha! Though I suppose since most people have been waiting two years for the damn thing to open, while I've only had to wait one year, I should have nothing to complain about. So I won't.

And the library is pretty awesome, I must say. Probably as big as Mississauga's Central Library (maybe even bigger) although I'm not convinced there are as many books.

So I go in, grab the mountain of books (think I'll be able to finish them in three weeks?)
that I have waiting for me, when what do I hear? A tour? Of the library? I'm in!

So it's me and 12 teetering seniors (this entire city consists soley of teetering seniors), wending our way though the library and its four floors plus staircases. This should somehow end badly, but it doesn't.

We get to the children's section which has an aboriginal design: One lady says "What's that supposed to look like? The inside of a teepee or something?" Heh. Good one.

The most amusing part was when I walked right out of the library and past the sensors with my unchecked books and the alarm didn't go off. Then I walked back in and guess what? Yup, the alarm went off. Winnipeg, you are infinitely backwards!

And this cooler-than-thou library has my Vegetarian Times magazine. Score! And Cat Fancy. Heh. But, sadly, no In Touch or Scoop to which I've become "mildly" addicted. Maybe if I foam at the mouth I can convince them to get it?

So maybe Winnipeg has something going for it? I concede one point.

No comments: