Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Cruisin' For A Bruisin'

Lived in Toronto 28 years. Never hit by a car.
Lived in Winnipeg 1 year. Hit by a car.

And I don't mean while we were in another car. I mean while walking on our own two feet.

And I don't mean crossing against the light. I mean crossing while the shiny, happy, walk guy blinked away in all his walk-this-way-yellowness.

And I don't mean in the middle of the night when all the drunks are out. I mean at seven in the evening.

Take from that what you will. I leave it to your imagination to figure out what I take from it.

2 comments:

New Homeowner said...

Holy Shit. Are you guys ok?

Winnipeg Damsel said...

Yeah, we're fine. Citrusboy got some scrapes on his leg, but that's it. Idiot was looking the opposite way of where he was turning. How's that for a Winnipeg driver?