Sunday, December 04, 2005

The Travails of the Godparent

Citrusboy and I are godparents to a cute almost-one year-old who lives in Ontario, while we live in you-know-where (hint: it starts with an H and ends with an LL). Baby Girl's birthday is mid-December and Christmas is late December, so we end up insane around, say, today.

We finally rounded up all the gifts we wanted to give her for both occasions and realized that we would have to send the humungo package today if it was going to make it in time for her birthday.

Little did I know:
1. Not enough Christmas wrapping paper in the house.
2. Can't find the gobs of packing tape that I know we have somewhere.
3. Only box I can find that's big enough almost doesn't close once we've stuffed it full of presents.

So...we now have to run to the mall, get the wrapping paper and packing tape, wrap the gifts up, stuff 'em in the box, tape up the box, and get to the post office - all before it closes in one hour.

So that's how I came to be wrapping presents at a coffee shop's table in the middle of the mall.

But, I am proud to say, I had enough time to buy an Italian Soda for citrusboy and a Peppermint Hot Chocolate for me when all was said and done.

Yay, pressure wrapping!

2 comments:

New Homeowner said...

I also had a peppermint hot chocolate today while Christmas shopping. Isn't baby girl godchild's birthday the 8th or something?

Winnipeg Damsel said...

Yum, peppermint hot chocolate.

Yes, it's the 8th, so the pressies must be ready to go, like, now.