Friday, June 10, 2005

Tagged by Heather

I thought I could escape this tagging thing, but I've been caught unawares by lifes_Prototype, since she so kindly put at the end of her post: Anyone who reads this should consider themselves tagged back.

So, in the spirit of tagging, here we go:

Total Books Owned:
A gajillion. Seriously. Except, *sniff*sniff*, I was only able to take one box with me to this hellish city. Some of my favourites that made the journey:

Bridget Jones's Diary
The Harry Potter Series
Jasper Fforde's Thursday Next Series
Gone With The Wind
My huge-ass Webster's Dictionary

Last Book I Bought:
Oh dear. I'm not too sure. I'll just go with Confessions of a Sociopathic Social Climber by Adele Lang.
The woman is crackers and it's the funniest thing I've read in a long time, in an insane "I can't believe she just did that" kinda way.

Last Book I Read:
Boy Next Door by Meggin Cabot
Story composed entirely of emails. Truly funny.

I've just noticed that the last book I bought and the last book I read are both a "Reading with Ripa" Book Club Selection. As in Kelly Ripa. How distressing is that?

Five Books That Mean the Most to Me:
Ramona Quimby, Age 8 by Beverly Cleary
My favourite childhood book. Ramona is the best. It was the first "grown-up" book (re: it had chapters) that was ever read to me. Grade three - I still remember the day. Got me hooked on reading everything and anything I could get my hands on. Read the book, on my own, to pieces and then some.

Gone With The Wind by Margaret Mitchell
I love this book. I love it so much that the front cover has fallen off, and that's an abomination in my book. Heh. I love it so much that I read it aloud to citrusboy every night, until a million years later it was finally finished.

The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
I'm not one to read depressing stories (hell, the world is depressing enough as it is) but this one fascinates me for some reason. I don't know what it is, but it just sticks and won't go away.

Anne Of Green Gables by LM Montgomery
My favourite book of all time. I've read it so many times I had to buy a new copy. In fact, I had to buy the whole series anew. Love, love, love! I didn't bring it with me because then I'd have to bring all my LM Montgomery books (you can't just choose one), and that would be a box in itself.

The Blue Castle by LM Montgomery
One of those books that is just perfect. I read it whenever I feel like I need to spend some time with an old friend.

Oh, and by the way, anyone who reads this should consider themselves tagged back. I know who you are. Don't try and pretend you didn't see this.

2 comments:

Winnipeg Damsel said...

I actually saw the movie first when I was pretty young, and I loved that scene at the beginning where Scarlett throws the whatever-it-was-that-she-threw at the fireplace, right over Rhett's head, and he just pops up off the couch. So great. Had to read the book after that. I must admit, that movie is one of my favourites!

Heather said...

I decided to google my old blog name, and found this, and it made me smile. So I thought I'd say hi, and I hope you're doing okay, and I hope you update soon!