Friday, June 10, 2005

For Whom The Telephone Rings

Ring. Riiiiiiiiing. RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING. I stare at the phone balefully.

"Hi, sweetie," says the Polish Princess, aka my mother. "We'll be there soon."

Yes. Yes, I know. How could I forget?

"Is there any place out there in Winnipeg where we can get some summer things like shorts or suntan lotion, before our trip to Cuba?"

Now, granted, this city doesn't have a lot of things, but it does have at least one store that sells summer apparel. I'm sure of it. I don't live in Nunavut yet, for god's sake! In fact, I'm pretty sure we even have a mall. Or two.

Introducing: Polo Park and St. Vital Centre, much in the manner of Yorkdale and Sherway Gardens, except way less fun, as there's no Sushi To Go or Godiva Chocolatier or Sephora, but you get the picture. However, I do believe I spied a store that sold shorts. And suntan lotion. And even bathing suits.

Never fear, mother dear, you will not go short-less to Cuba.

2 comments:

Going Somewhere said...

Hey! I just realized I have an Auntie M too! M for Marion. But in comparison to my other two aunts, she is not that crazy.

Winnipeg Damsel said...

You're telling me! It's a nightmare!