Thursday, May 19, 2005

The Votes Are In!

So I may have been stupid to ask "Would you ever move to Winnipeg?" but I did anyway. That's right, I dared to ask the unaskable!

Funny how nobody said "Yes". Zero percent. I'm left baffled.

33% said "Hell no" which tied with "I'd rather live in Nanavut". Nanavut, where the milk costs $12 a liter and the average temperature in May is -24C. Interesting.

19% responded with "Not if you paid me a million dollars". People willing to give up money. Lots of money. A million dollars, in fact. Just so they don't have to live in this hell-hole. Something to think about.

"Not if it was the only place left standing after nuclear warfare" got 10% of the votes. So some of you are trying to tell me you'd rather live with crazy, giant radioactive spiders than in Winnipeg. Wow. And thats "nuclear", not "nucular", just to be clear.

And 5% said "No". Just plain no. No qualifiers, no explainations. Just no. As if the thought was mind-boggling in and of itself.

I think I need to move.

8 comments:

New Homeowner said...

If you net all the "nos" I think that you have a definitive answer.

I think the results provide sufficient evidence for you to move back here.

Winnipeg Damsel said...

They do, don't they?
Who thinks I can get into the UT Pharmacy program? Raise your hands. I don't see any hands....

New Homeowner said...

Depends on how you phrase your application. Seen Lagally Blonde?

Winnipeg Damsel said...

Yeah... I was a... um... well, I was never in a sorority... that might work against me.

Ever see that Gilmore Girls episode when Paris and Rory are applying to universities, and the addmissions officer says they never even read the applications because everybody has the same mark; they just randomly pick from a stack? That's UT Pharmacy.

New Homeowner said...

Hm. I do remember that episode. At least you know that they make their decisions based on a system.

Winnipeg Damsel said...

Now how to crack the system...

Going Somewhere said...

Sending multiple applications might do the trick. That would increase the chances of them randomly picking yours! Think copies, lots of copies...

Winnipeg Damsel said...

Excellent idea, my dear! Bwahahahahaha...I think we have a plan!