Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving!

I've been sick for the past week now and just can't seem to shake it. I was feeling better on Saturday so we went out to a party where I got tanked. Then I woke up the next morning with a whole bunch of new symptoms - though now I see that drinking probably wasn't the brightest idea and may have been my downfall.

Thus on Monday, I woke up feeling like you would have to scrape me off the bed to get me out of it and promptly sent citrusboy off for anything that would stop me from sticking a turkey thermometer into my head.

He came back with this:
I've never tasted this before, but let me tell you here and now, I have never tasted anything so filthy and vile in all my life. Buckley's smells like a mixture of cat piss and hair dye and tastes like Vicks Vaporub. Since the main ingredients consist of camphor, menthol, pine needle oil, and tincture of capsicum, why am I surprised? I won't subject you to the photo citrusboy managed to take as it went down the hatch - I fear it may break your monitors. You know it's not a good sign when one whiff clears your sinuses for the rest of the day.

So sinuses cleared, I went about making lunch and dinner. For lunch we had wine and cheese which was very yummy, until a certain Cow Kitty decided that only he should partake.
This year I decided to try the PETA Vegan Nut Roast instead of turkey. Gasp, the horror, the horror, I know. But really, those damn birds are just too big. It wasn't bad, but I'm not convinced I would make it again.
We had some pie and then rolled over and died from too much food.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

4 comments:

Going Somewhere said...

I actually prefer Buckley's to let's say Vicks or Robitussin. I HATE that icky psuedo-mentholated cherry. Makes me feel like wretching.

Mike said...

We are clueless. We know that you Canadians have all of the good drugs! We've been sick as well. We are asking people about the difference in the CAD Thanksgiving and the US thanksgiving. They never taught us that in school. Why does Canada celibrate Thanksgiving. (Not a joke, we're really interested)

Winnipeg Damsel said...

Well, ours has nothing to do with pilgrims and such. Check out this
link
and you shall know!

Winnipeg Damsel said...

I agree, that cherry taste is also pure nasty. Not sure which is worse though. Although, Buckley's sure is doing its job!