Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Well.

First day of school and I've already managed to embarress myself. This is a new record. Usually it takes at least three or four days before I do/say something really dumb.

So I'm sitting in biochem class, listening to somebody who is probably the worst professor ever (now I know people say that all the time, but believe me - I do not say it lightly). And, of course, I'm sitting in the first row in order to alleviate any temptation that may go into wanting to MSN/email/google someone/anyone because the pentose phosphate pathway is that exciting.

Worst-Professor-on-the-Face-of-This-Snowy-Earth, who is now lecturing in front of me about two millimeters away from my safety bubble of personal space, asks if we had seen a particular shorthand symbol (deH2Ogenation, if you must know) before in biochem 1. And, of course, he looks right at me for the answer. I say no, because, well, no I've never seen that before in my life, mildly clever as it is.

And he's all: NOOOOOOOOOOO?!?

And the rest of the class is all: YEEEES WEEE HAAAAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And he looks at me and says: What the hell's the matter with you? Never went to class?

Well, as a matter of fact, I never DID go to class. I eventually got advanced standing in biochem 1 (not that I ever went to class anyhow) and so I ended up dropping it. Take THAT, buddy!

Not that you can defend yourself in the middle of a lecture on some crazy pathway.

And? His favourite shorthand: NRG.

Gawd help me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

poor girl! You probably love the class and secretly crush on the PROF! haha...JK maybe! At least you don't have old bitties coming in for perms or roller sets who haven't washed their hair probably since the last time they came in! ewww...they smell bad...and they're scalps are all krusty...there...said it...grossed you out....

:P
linds

Clara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

ahaha. :) I skipped a lot of Biomaterials tutorials--they were actually more lecture than tutorial, but you know what they say... "Tutorials are useless". Plus, they were at 9am, when I am usually still in bed. Anyway. A different prof ran the tutorials from the lectures. One day I finally decided to go to the tutorial, arriving a few minutes late. The prof stopped in mid-sentence as I walked in and asked, snarkily:
"Excuse me, are you in my class?"
"Yes..."
"I've never seen you before."
"I may have missed a few classes."
"A lot of classes."
"A few."

SO embarrassing. What a test of poker face. I went to tutorials after that. :P