Friday, October 26, 2007

What. The Hell. Is WRONG. With. Winnipeg Drivers?!?!

Really, I have never encountered such stupidity, such slowness, such an unbelievably large grouping of people that should not have their licenses. Ever. AND I ALMOST DIDN'T GET MINE!

Did you know that:

*A speed limit of 80 km/h actually means 60 km/h?
*A speed limit of 60 km/h actually means 40 km/h?
*The only exception to the 2 above points is when it's raining or snowing? That in those conditions you should always exceed the speed limit by 20 km/h?
*The left lane is the slow lane?
*You should never drive in the right lane?
*After a light turns green, you should always wait a full 30 seconds before stepping on the gas?
*You should brake whenever you feel like it, especially when there is nothing in front of you?
*You should run red lights whenever possible?
*You should always try to race a smart car? Even when you're driving a golf cart?

Well. Now I know.

I guess there's just not enough room in the Driver's Handbook for everything.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You posted again! I keep expecting your Blogger page to close since you fiends finally got hooked on Facebook, but I'm very glad I checked your page today.

So, I finally had my long-awaited eye surgery I months ago - two 1/4-sized holes drilled into each side of my head and then the orbital bones tapped and removed. The doctor took extensive pics which were eerily fascinating to see after the fact.. Eyesight's a bit shaky and come-and-go, but time will tell. Later, tore all the ligaments in my right foot falling down the stairs outside the apt recently, just got the cast off this week, now wearing a splint and hobbling on crutches. Baby cat's got asthma, and bastard Mao's got chin acne and a mysterious mouth ulcer-type thing. Justin, however.. somehow unscathed!

This year had better just freaking end soon!

Oh, and we're moving again. Can't stay still somehow. To Venice this time, near the Abbot Kinney area, 20 mins from the ocean.

Probably should have e'd all this, but I hate to take back what I already started so it's public graffiti now. Love to everyone, and love me again - esp. you! :)

Winnipeg Damsel said...

Heyya! You're alive! Whooo! Good to hear you're doing well :D