Monday, July 02, 2007

So I'm finally free of the crunch of summer school - 4 classes in 1.5 months! Whoo!
Did Stats in a little over 3 weeks and 3 Nutrition course in about 6 weeks.

Got my first choice for my practicum placement next year and will also be taking 6 courses in September, as well as applying for my dietetics internship! Thus, my head will probably spin of my neck next year, right up until I graduate.

Stuff has happened but nothing too exciting. I will post as I think of these things.

I worked at the Red River Ex this year for 5 days over at the Green Kitchen, where everything is made from plant products. That was pretty interesting, but I could see most Manitobans just did not care.

Since I was already there, citrusboy came by to visit a couple of times. We played some games, ate some seriously crap yet yummy food, and wandered around.

At one point, I came across a Sri Lanken food stand that promised me a beef patty. When you hear the words beef patty. you think of this:
Right?

Well, I got this:
Not so good. An actual beef patty. Like you find in a burger. I was speechless. Mind you, the two behind the counter were no geniuses. They probably realized that there were actual beef patties in the freezer days later! I even heard them tell someone that they had no more of a particular item WHILE the person was pointing at said item. WOW.

So we just stuffed the "beef patty" into citrusboy's meat and cheese burger (actual meat and cheese - SHOCK!)
and he claims it was super good.
Of course, no EX visit is complete without some rain, but we did see a rainbow on our way out.
Of course, it started to clear up as soon as we decided to leave!

3 comments:

Heather said...

hee hee, a beef patty. I suppose it could have been worse,... somehow.

The rainbow is really pretty:o)

Princess of the Universe said...

Isn't that the rule? It always rains when the Ex is here?

Winnipeg Damsel said...

It is indeed. Always.