Sunday, March 11, 2007

Went to a party on Friday night. Drank two bottles of red wine. Woke up in pretty okay shape. Just a little stupid, that's all.

Turns out citrusboy was mixing beer with wine, so he woke up wrecked. Couldn't even move his head.

So he enlisted my help, along with Jen's, to go get him some Burger King to soothe the angry hangover beast.

Now, it's pretty warm in Winnipeg. Ten feet high snow caps are melting everywhere.

So Jen and I are sitting in the car, waiting to turn out of the Burger King parking lot and into the street. Her window is rolled down, oh, about one inch.

And apparently, unbeknown to us, there's a huge (I mean HUGE) puddle right next to our car.

Of course, cars are driving down the street, past us, and right into this huge puddle. Which then proceeds to throw up a wall of filthy, greasy, street water right through the one inch crack in the window and onto Jen and me. Twice.

So Jen's hair, Jen's face, Jen's glasses, Jen's jacket, and Jen's purse are plastered in nastiness. The ceiling of the car, the dash, and the seats are coated. My jacket and my pants are dirty. All we can do is stare at each other and laugh till it hurts. I mean, really? What else can you do? How does that happen? A one inch crack...

Somehow, the Burger King remained untouched. Not a single drop fell into the bag even though it was wide open. Luck of the drunk.

5 comments:

New Homeowner said...

heh heh heh... That's awesome. Well, it sucks, but is awesome at the same time.

Ok, I might be drunk. Whatev.

Anonymous said...

LOL!!!! I laughed until my stomach hurt again just reading this! Can you imagine the god awful mess if the window was rolled down ALL THE WAY? Mwahahahahaaa!!!
Oh, good times, good times!!

Clara said...

Sooooooooo disgusting.. you poor things.. Justin, though, thought your ordeal/story was "AWESOME".

Anonymous said...

i feel that i get some credit...cause if it wasn't for my party, your boy wouldn't have been hung....and in need of the BK....therefore...no need for you two to be on the road !!! haha
good one guys....really!

Anonymous said...

I have to agree, that's pretty awesome. :)