Monday, November 13, 2006

So I'm in class today. A class called Perspectives and Communication. Basically a glorified grammar course and officially the worst class EVER in the history of all classes that came before it and all that shall come after. A class designed to make you fail solely on the basis that you can never find anything that you need to find in the APA Manual.

So anyhow, I'm snuggly ensconced in a corner of the room, safe from the evil darting eye of the Grammar Nazi, MSNing with New Homeowner. During lecture, of course. Good forbid I should actually listen in class.

All of a sudden, in the middle of Grammar Nazi's lecture on the Library Cataloge (by the way, blogger seems to think catalogue is not a word and most definitely misspelled) and how to "Google" in this new "information age", I hear her say "Does anyone remember what a floppy disk is? Anyone?" A scant few people raise their hands, as I slowly and furtively slip my floppy disk back into my bag.

Oh. My. God. Where am I? How OLD am I? Just what the hell is going on here that NO ONE knows what a floppy disk is. Did I miss the flash drive gravy train or something?

Though come to think of it, I was in the computer lab the other day, and I totally heard this girl squeal: OMG!!!! Is that a disk you're using??? That is SOOOOO Old School!

As if!

7 comments:

unreuly said...

HAHAHA
too funny!
i have those moments ALL the time! the other day i had a squeal-filled conversation that included the sentence "oh myyyyy gowwwwwd, do you remember DIAL UP?!!!!"

kick it old school! clearly it's where it's at!

Clara said...

The word "blog" doesn't exist in the Blogger dictionary either, and keeps advising me to change "blog" to "flog". Bizarre.

Anyways, when do you gurls typically msn? I still can't see you on my roster whenever I do check! :(

Winnipeg Damsel said...

I've noticed that about the word "blog" - the irony kills me every time!

Nowadays, MSNing usually takes place in the mornings... I have never seen you online either, though you are on my list!

Anonymous said...

Yeah but do you remember when floppy disks really were floppy? (Breaking them open to get to the floppy part doesn't count).

Clara said...

There is a small time difference, so not sure if I can catch u guys so early. I kinda log on randomly, so I'm sure I'll catch u @ some point or another. AMs - no promises! I tried to msn a 'Joanna' last night, but as it turns out, it might've been another Jo. Do add me to your AIMs if you've got AIM, I just got one going under "mercurypianista" - sounds spiffy, hmm? And.. salutes to your floppy! (That sounds kinda wrong..)

Winnipeg Damsel said...

It was me! But, alas, I wasn't home. Not sure why windows keeps signing me in when I'm not home... I guess that's what you get for updating it...

Clara said...

That's bizarre! I have MSN issues too though. Using it usually messes up 1/2 my programs. Don't know if it's cuz we have an old Dell, if the Time Warner server blows, or if MSN just hates me. Probably a combination of all of the above. Still hope to catch you sometime.