Friday, October 06, 2006

Why does this stuff happen to me? WHY?

So I finally broke down and bought a coffee maker after I realized that I could actually sleep less and still function the next morning if I drank that one cup of coffee. And by one cup I mean 20oz travel size.

So I got my pretty coffee maker with some pretty coffee (chocolate hazelnut or some such, if you must know) and proceeded to brew. It turned out yummy. Of course, only after I dumped about half a cup of Bailey's into my mug, but I digress.

That night I turned on the timer so I could have some nice coffee all ready to go for me the next morning.

Next morning, I get up, eyes still closed, and take a sip. GROSS. Burnt coffee taste. Wretched.

Seems like my pretty new coffee maker heats the water too hot after its been sitting in the reservoir all night, giving me that lovely, lovely rubber tire in my coffee taste.

Looks like I'm going to have to return the darned thing. Gah. Any other coffee maker suggestions out there?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh goodness! And after all that time pondering over which machine to get... NOW we know why it was so cheap!! LOL. When you go exchange it, get the good old Betty Crocker one. (Its like $40 I think) She won't dissapoint, I promise! :)

Anonymous said...

And hey, look on the bright side - you now have a VERY purdy oven to cook in! hehehe. And WHERE may I ask is the pic?! My work must be displayed to the public!! :) LOL.

PS - Your rubber tire coffee story will be the cartoon that completes your collage. :) I must get started on it!