Monday, September 05, 2005

Starf*cks

Have you ever tried to get a Green Tea Lemonade? And every time you asked for one they had run out of some needed ingredient? No? Well, I have. It has now happened twice. If it happens one more time, I'm moving back to Toronto. Seriously.

This is what I get for going to a Starbucks in the middle of nowhere, like Winnipeg.

The first time, I was at Chapters and I was ready to forego my precious usual and was all geared up to order something new (based on New Homeowner's recommendation) when I noticed their honking-huge sign stating I could do no such thing. GREEN TEA LEMONADE SOLD OUT. How do you sell out of lemonade? I mean, did you run out of green? Maybe tea? Or was it the lemons that did you in?

So I pull myself together and order my favourite standby, a Caramel Macchiato. Ho hum, ho hum, I'm waiting. Finally, the woman hands me... an iced caramel macchiato. Not quite what I ordered and not quite what I like as the caramel tends to clump up into little frozen bits which is not at all pleasant.

So I'm all stammering, That's not what I wanted, when the cashier looks at it and says, That's not what she wanted. So they make me another one. And tell me I can have both. What in the hell am I going to do with two coffees?!? One iced and one not. Gawd. I walk around for a while with these two stupid coffees in my hands, debating with myself as to what I should do. I don't want to waste a coffee but I can't drink both. I end up trashing one. How sad.

The second time I tried to get a Lemonade, there was only one guy behind the counter. He was taking orders AND making all the drinks. On a Saturday morning. What the hell? Poor guy.

Anyway, he takes my order for the GT Lemonade and only charges me for a regular lemonade. Okay fine. I'm bitch enough not to mention it. Then he starts to make it and realizes, Oh shit man, we're out of lemonade. Out. Of. Lemonade. GAH!

Would I like anything else? Uh, okay, gimme the largest, most expensive thing you got. As I'm only paying $2.20 for it. So I got a venti S
trawberries & Creme Frappuccino. Good, but I would still have preferred my lemonade.

So, you might think I'm making out like a bandit with these Starbucks cats, but really all I want is a Green Tea Lemonade. Just a lemonade. That's it. Why is that so hard?

2 comments:

Winnipeg Damsel said...

I have no idea. I get so confused with all their names!

Winnipeg Damsel said...

Mmm, passion fruit? Will do. If I can find some Starbucks that is actually capable of making them.