Thursday, December 14, 2006

Uhh....

So I bought some stuff for New Homeowner from Amazon and, according to their website, this is when her goodies should arrive:

These items will arrive after Dec 25 2006.

Items shipped on Dec 8 2006:

Delivery estimate: Dec 12 2006 - Dec 29 2006

This means that
a) items that were shipped on the 8th won't get there until after Christmas, so it could conceivably take them (being generous here) 20 days to deliver a package to NH who is practically down the street from them BUT
b) there is also a span of SEVENTEEN days during which the items could arrive at any time! In that time the stuff could grow legs, get up, walk out of the plant, walk across the street, and hop into NH's mailbox! I bet that would only take, like, 5 days, tops.

Then, FIVE days later, I ordered more stuff:

Items shipped on Dec 13 2006:
Delivery estimate: Dec 19 2006 - Dec 21 2006

I don't get it, I just don't get it! And I'm in a different, further away province too! Maybe books have to be persuaded to leave the factory, while DVDs just want to get the hell out of there!

Oh, and NH got her stuff two days ago. I guess the books were feeling cooperative that day...

6 comments:

Clara said...

I can relate to this. My amazon order from 2 days ago read: "(estimated arrival date: 04-January-2007).", and a later order: "Shipping estimate for these items: December 20, 2006 Delivery estimate: December 22, 2006 - December 27, 2006". Msgs designed to worry you and to keep you from calling A-zon to ocmplain about where your stuff is. In my experience, stuff does get to where it's supposed to go w/in a week unless anything seems to be on backorder. So, DUN worry! :)

More importantly, of course: what did you buy? What did you buy?

Winnipeg Damsel said...

Well. Some of the orders were gifts, so I won't say, but I can say:
For NH:
Mean Girls DVD
10 Things I Hate About You DVD
Son of a Witch
For others:
Some DVDs and video games
For myself (a third order, but I found a coupon, thus it is justified):
Kate and Allie DVD (I CANNOT wait for this!)
Some sushi/cooking books including, but not limited to, Sushi for Dummies and The Complete Book of Sushi. (All kick-assedly on sale, of course :D)

And what did YOU buy?

Clara said...

Oh. My question was kinda rhetorical cuz listing takes WORK. But.. xo you, ok, here goes, in earnest:
-.99 shoe polish
-Cherry Coke LipSmackers
-Freebies
-Jinx.com stickers
-.99 nail stickers
-$1 california sunshine stickers
-Mint dark choco kitkat bag
-Mini snickers box
-An Inconvenient Truth dvds/books
-Guns, Germs and Steel dvd/book
-Family Guy Monopoly
-chrimmie post-its
-$4 Reindeer toe socks
-$1 Dinosaur pocket puzzle
-VS e-gift card
-Pooh baby shoes
-Claymation Holiday dvd
-Coheed and Cambria paraphernalia
-Murakami book
-Nabokov books
-mflowers.com
-Gottschalk cd/music book
-Pride/Prejudice cd/music book
-Totally tacky 1920s-inspired $10 circular hand-bag (1-red/1-black)

and that's it so far. Not so bad this year, I guess. Cards and stamps are the $$$wor$t though, I'll never, ever do that again. Christmas hurts.

Winnipeg Damsel said...

You got all of that at Amazon??? My goodness!

Clara said...

Only half the list is Amazon, the others from misc. other online sites. I over-listed!!! Double the work for no reason!!! I'm such a re-re!!! Serves me right for asking questions. :p xo

Winnipeg Damsel said...

Damn straight! Just kidding :D I haven't gone into a store yet to buy anything - I LOVE online shopping!!!